New Home Learning Timetable
I have emailed all parents so they can have their own copy of the timetable. I will also put the file on here so you can see there will now be four Zoom calls a day. Some children who have intervention sessions will have an additional call too. This is to make sure we all make good progress and the learning is sustained throughout this period.
Introducing Class Dojo: our home learning reward system where the class can earn points and win prizes for completing their work! We have used this in class since the beginning of term so the children are familiar with this. Your child will find their app on their iPad and will be rewarded with points for completing their English, Maths, afternoon tasks and participating in the Zoom calls. Children also have the opportunity to earn extra points during lessons and through spelling tests. Additional points will be awarded to children for going over and above with their school work. There is a school totaliser which will be released on Monday 11th January where you can see how the whole school is getting on. ⭐️ The target is for the whole school to reach 100,000 points by half term ⭐️ IF this target is reached, then Mrs Harvey will reward us with a Year 2 pizza party! There will also be a prize for the child who gets the most points in each class.
Home Learning W/C 04/01/21
First of all happy new year, I hope you had a lovely Christmas and I can't wait to hear all about it! I am sure you have lots of stories to share with me.
As you may know school is closed for the week commencing Monday 4th January and all learning will move online. I want this transition to be as smooth as possible and to be as ‘normal’ as possible. If the children keep up with the lessons, I set good progress will be made for when we return to school.
Here is some key information that will help you during this time:
· Year 3 iPads are to be collected from school between 10:30-11:00am.
· All lessons will be set online via Showbie.
· I am available for support from 9:00am-3:30pm (except for lunch times and planning and preparation time on Thursday morning between 8:45am-10:45am).
· If you wish to get in touch with me please do so via the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org and I will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.
· I will go 'live' three times a day, once at 9:30am via Zoom to set the work for maths and again at 11:00am for English. Either myself or Mrs Roper will be available at 3:00pm via Showbie Class Discussion to check in and see how everyone's day has been.
· As your child will not have their iPad and work until mid-morning tomorrow here's some activities that you can do with your child:
· 9:10-9:30am- Spelling Shed. The new spellings should be loaded on there but if there are any technical issues let me know (it can be temperamental).
TTRS - the children need to keep practising their timetables as much as possible.
Twinkl Go - If the children can access this then they can upload their scores.
· 9:30-10.30am- Maths. We are going to be starting a new multiplication and division unit in our Power Maths books on Tuesday.
· Tomorrow I would like the children to complete some of the ‘refresher’ activities set below.
· 10.30-10.50am- Break time.
· 10:50-11:00am- Handwriting. Practice cursive handwriting through learning this poem (remember you want to work towards your handwriting pen!)
11:00-12:00pm- English. Write a recount of what you did over the holidays. Encourage your child to plan their writing first by drawing out a story map and then use this to help with their writing. They can join their sentences together using the words 'and', 'so' and 'because', use descriptive vocabulary, phonics for spelling and their neatest handwriting! They can then read these to me on Tuesday by uploading a video of them on Showbie.
1:10-2:00pm- PE with Joe Wickes/Exercise. Go for a walk, get some fresh air. Here is the link to Joe Wickes if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2AkYD10d7Q
2:00-3:00pm- Science – In our Science topic this term we will be learning about magnets and forces. I would like you write down any facts you know about magnets and forces already (use the KWHL grid to help you). Then spend some time looking around your house investigating what is magnetic. You could use the fridge magnets to help you or if you don’t have one your ipad case should have a magnet on it, see if you can find it.
From Tuesday 5/01/21 - This new timetable will come into effect
I have posted the Zoom meeting ID and password on the Class Discussion page on Showbie.
These meetings are at 9:30am and 11:00am.